8 Way MIDI Thru/Splitter Board
This is an active 8-channel MIDI-THRU Splitter, which will convert 1x MIDI-OUT into 8x MIDI-THRU outputs that are amplified, isolated, and protected.
For Live / On-the-Road usage.
High level of protection on Input and Outputs give enhanced MIDI communication and protection between music gear.
This 8 way MIDI Thru Splitter device outputs an exact copy of the input signal, so what goes in is what comes out of each of the MIDI-OUT ports, with NO DELAY. This device is a MIDI-STAR system that connects MIDI devices in parallel with NO LATENCY, avoiding issues associated with MIDI-Device 'daisy-chaining'.
How does it work
Advantages of the 8 way MIDI Thru Splitter:
- Surge protection on the power supply, input and output ports so all your devices are protected from damage
- Optical isolation of inputs and output ports, so if any connected equipment fails this failure does not compromise other connected devices
- No latency, No delay
- Low noise
- Low power
- Compact form factor
- Power requirements – 6VAC-9VAC or 9VDC-12VDC, <100mA (you can use a typical BOSS guitar pedal power supply)
- Input/Output Sockets – 1x Input 5-pin DIN socket & 8x Outputs 5-pin DIN sockets
- LED indication - Shows that power is applied and blinks when MIDI data is received
- Protection against - reverse power connection, power supply overvoltage and surges, MIDI cable inversion/surges and noise
What you see is what you get. The electronic board only and no housing.